Friday, January 1, 2016

Word of the Year for 2016

     This is my first year picking  word of the year.  I read about the idea and thought it was awesome!  I have never been a person to pick resolutions.  Deep down inside I always knew that I couldn't keep them.

     There are so many things in my life that I need to work on.  From my spiritually walk, my physical walk, my walk as a mother, my walk as a wife, and my walk as my own person.

SPIRITUAL WALK
     1st up, my spiritual walk.  I am in this phase of my life where I find it hard to get into the word of God on a daily.  I know I am not in this walk alone.  As moms, so much of our time is on others.  From the farm animals, to homeschooling, to cleaning, ugh!  I feel that if I work on this area, so many other areas in my life will start clicking.  

PHYSICAL WALK
     This is the part of me I have grown to dislike.  I need to lose 80 pounds (at least).  I hide behind my kids in pictures, or hide from the camera.  Can't find clothes to fit that look decent.

MOTHERLY WALK
     Sometimes I yell.  Sometimes I feel like I don't do enough for my kids.  (Thanks Pinterest and Facebook!)  

WIFE WALK
     I fall asleep way to early.  Partly because I get up way to early to take care of things, but I can't keep my eyes open much past 9pm.  Leaves us very little time to relax together.

WALK AS MY OWN PERSON
     Who am I?  I don't think I know who I remotely am.  Which all brings me back to my spiritual walk.  

Lord heal me

and


me.

     So, my word of the year is 

TRANSFORM.

Verse of the Year:

Do not be conformed to this world, but be TRANSFORMED by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect.
Romans 12:2  ESV


Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment