Monday, January 18, 2016

How I am doing my World Geography study



After doing our own US Geography study, I set out to do our world geography study.  The goal is to do every country.  For the most part we will do 2 countries a week, some we may stay in a little longer.

I thought I would make a list of all the books that I will be using in addition to some from the library.



Hungry Planet
&
Material World
by Peter Menzel


Celebrations!
&
Children Just Like Me
by Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley


A Life Like Mine
by Barnabas and Anabel Kindersley

Geography of the World
by DK Publishing


Passport to the World
by Craig Froman

Angry Birds Playground Atlas
by Elizabeth Carney


80 Tales Around the World
by Saviour Pirotta

Children From Australia to Zimbabwe
by Maya Ajmera & Anna Rhesa Versola


Encyclopedia of World Geography
by Usborne

Children's Amazing Places
by Robert Hamilton


World of Animals
World Religions
by Usborne


You Can Change the World
Volumes 1 & 2
by Daphne Spraggett & Jill Johnstone


A Trip Around the World
Another Trip Around the World
&
A New Trip Around the World
by Carson -Dellosa Publishing


Art Projects from Around the World
Grades 1-3  & 4-6
by Scholastic


Eat Your Way Around the World
by Jamie Aramini

Missionary Stories with the Millers
by Mildred Martin


     I also made a tub for each continent.  In them, I put pictures of various things in that continent,  Some figures that I got out of Toobs, flashcards, and misc other things that we have found.  Here is some of the pictures of my North American tub.  The downloads are from various sites on-line.










We will also be making a salt dough map for each continent, marking our countries as we go along.










Stay tuned for next month as we travel to Canada!



Blessings!!



No comments:

Post a Comment