Saturday, March 28, 2015

Homemade applesauce


Look at all those apples!!!  Yummy!!  
These are my Fuji apples I got from Azure Standard.

I will only use Fuji or Gala apples to make my applesauce.  Why?  Well, to my family, they are the best tasting apples!!  I don't even have to add sugar!


This year I made my applesauce without peeling my apples.  Best decision EVER!!!!!!

All I did was core them.  Then I put them in the food processor.  I dumped the processed apples in a stockpot and heated them up.  I also added cinnamon to taste during this step.


I then went about packing them in quart jars and putting them in the oven on warm.  I did not put the lids and bands on them.





Here they hung out until I was ready to can.  I did all of my apples this way (18 quarts in all)!  Then I heated my water to boiling after I washed it.  I processed my jars for 25 minutes in a hot water bath.

So yummy and not near as much headache as peeling all those apples!!


Blessings!!


No comments:

Post a Comment