Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Re-mineralizing Toothpaste

     I just recently started oil pulling.  I can say that I have gotten used to it and actually enjoy it!

     The next step for us in the green living process, was making toothpaste.  I finally got around to it today.


Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons coconut oil (I used unrefined virgin)
2 Tablespoons aluminum free baking soda
3 drops liquid stevia (I used organic from Azure Standard)
          -you may need to use more, we don't use a lot of sugar, so we don't need it that sweet
20 drops peppermint essential oil (you could use spearmint)
20 drops trace minerals


Make sure your coconut oil is melted, add your baking soda and mix.


Add your stevia, essential oil, and trace minerals.  Stir again.


Pour into containers.  I used 2-1oz glass containers.


 Let harden.


I put Conner and my names on them.  This was way better that the Jason brand we were using.  Conner, who is 6, loves it also!!

I am learning so much about coconut oil and all its benefits.  Excited to implement even more into our daily regime. 


Blessings!!