Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY Re-mineralizing Toothpaste

     I just recently started oil pulling.  I can say that I have gotten used to it and actually enjoy it!

     The next step for us in the green living process, was making toothpaste.  I finally got around to it today.


Ingredients:

4 Tablespoons coconut oil (I used unrefined virgin)
2 Tablespoons aluminum free baking soda
3 drops liquid stevia (I used organic from Azure Standard)
          -you may need to use more, we don't use a lot of sugar, so we don't need it that sweet
20 drops peppermint essential oil (you could use spearmint)
20 drops trace minerals


Make sure your coconut oil is melted, add your baking soda and mix.


Add your stevia, essential oil, and trace minerals.  Stir again.


Pour into containers.  I used 2-1oz glass containers.


 Let harden.


I put Conner and my names on them.  This was way better that the Jason brand we were using.  Conner, who is 6, loves it also!!

I am learning so much about coconut oil and all its benefits.  Excited to implement even more into our daily regime. 


Blessings!!




9 comments:

  1. I've never even thought about making my own toothpaste. Pinned for later. Visiting from Inspire Me Monday linky party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Excited to try this. We recently started oil pulling as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm considering trying oil pulling soon. Thanks for these helpful tips!

    Thanks for linking up to The Thoughtful Spot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have made some remineralization toothpowder and toothpaste.....not the same recipe....good results w/ lowering tooth sensitivity and more. Thank you for sharing this. Gentle Joy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea, thank you for sharing. I didn't know it could be so easy. Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up to the Anything Goes linky! I do make my own toothpaste - baking soda is my best friend - but I have yet to try oil pulling!

    Shared on Facebook at Fit Foodie Runs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds very easy to make. Thanks for sharing!
    (Visiting from the Thrive @ Home link-up.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been looking for a good homemade toothpaste recipe. Thanks for posting this. Pinning

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been buying natural toothpaste, but I've just never gotten around to making our own. I am still trying to wrap my head around oil pulling. It just seems weird even though I've read several post on its benefits. Thanks for sharing with us at The HomeAcre Hop!

    Please join us again Thursday at:
    http://summers-acres.com

    ~Ann

    ReplyDelete