Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Mystery of History Lessons 70-72

Lesson 70 The Roman Republic
American flag magnet, label, or window decal
Practiced our Pledge of Allegiance.  We also Talked about the president and governor.
Lesson 71 The Battle of Marathon

Our coin!  Eagle in place of the owl.

Lesson 72 Herodotus

We made signets for this lesson.

The first method is to use a wine cork and a foam sticker.


Attach the two.  This method didn't work to well.



Next one we did, we used clay.  I had him flatten it out.


Then carve it out with his pencil.


Let it dry.


Then we used an ink pad and stamped away!!



Places where you may find me linked at.

3 comments:

  1. This is a wonderful hands-on activity! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just recently learned about the Mystery of History and am looking into Vol. 1 for my oldest. You like it? I've read some places that some do it in conjunction with another curriculum? Do you do that or stick strictly with MOH? I'd love to hear your review. Thanks for linking up on T2T! Hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love MOH! We don't use anything else for history. I do have the workbooks for the Answers in Genesis history that I have pulled some ideas and worksheets from. We have been absolutely enjoying it this year!

      Delete