Monday, September 30, 2013

Series: Bible in a Year with your Kids Intro Post

I just finished reading the book Together, Growing Appetites for God by Carrie Ward.  In it she talks about how she started reading the Bible to her kids when the oldest was 4.5 year old.  I, myself, have never read the Bible in its entirety and after prayer felt the need to implement this into Conner and my lives.  We started today reading the Bible in chronological order!

Catch up with the series here.


My goals:
     1.  Every Sunday post about what you should read and maybe how we applied it. 
     2.  I am going to be making notebooking pages to go along with it.  I am going to strive
          for 1 page a day. These will be geared to younger elementary.
     3.  I will also have some questions and other verses to help you grow and expand the
          knowledge of our kids in the Word of God.

Along with this, I am also going to be helping Conner to memorize the Books of the Bible.  I figured a year at it slowly, he should make it easily!  I put a  poster board in the kitchen for us to update along our journey.



The only thing you need to join us is a Bible.  If you don't have a Bible, check out You Version online.  I have The Reformation Study Bible ESV and Conner has the Seek and Find ESV Bible. 


Can you carve out 30-60 minutes a day to read and soak in the Word of God with your kids?  If you can and want to join us, please follow me by e-mail and get ready to embark on this journey with us!  Right now, I am planning on doing ours either at breakfast or right after lunch once I put the baby down for his nap.

I will put the post up Sunday with your readings and activity packet,  Hope to see you then!!

Blessings!! 

Link to:      Week 1

Places you can find me link to.