Sunday, October 6, 2013

Series: Bible in a Year with Your Kids Week 1 FREE Pack

Did you miss the intro to the series?  If so, you can catch it here.

To find all the other weeks, please go here.

Wow, what a first week!  Conner was so excited to start reading the Bible!  I hope you enjoy it as much as we are!!  Then again, who doesn't enjoy a closer walk with the Lord!

Here are the links for the documents you will need this week:

Binder cover.















Week 1 notebooking pages.

DAY 1

Read Genesis 1-2

God's work is always perfect and good.  He has made everything for His own glory.  We need to remember to praise him for everything.

 Have the children color the days of creation.  If you have some stickers, you can use them also.

Day 2

Read John 1:1-3; Psalm 8 & 104

God made us in His own image so that we may love Him and glorify Him forever.  Have them glue a picture of themselves on the top of the page.

Sometimes I will be putting in some of the questions of the Westminster Shorter Catechism for kids.  It is based on reformed theology and has some good information that I think all Kingdom kids should learn to help them grow.  Proverbial Homemaker is doing a series on that if you are interested!

Questions:
1.  Who made you?  God.

2.  What else did God make?  God made all things.

3.  What did God give Adam and Eve besides bodies?  Souls.  Gen 2:7

4.  Where is God?  Everywhere.

Day 3

Read Genesis 3-5

How awesome it might of been if Eve had never eaten from the Tree of Knowledge.  We will find out one day when we make it to Heaven!  In Genesis 4 we also learn that even though we may give back to the Lord, if we don't do it with a good heart, it is done in vain.  

 The sacrifice of the wicked is an abomination to the Lord,
but the prayer of the upright is acceptable to him.  ~ Proverbs 15:5


Day 4

Read Genesis 6-7

But Noah found favor in the eyes of the Lord.~Genesis 6:8

Such powerful words.  In the midst of all the wickedness, Noah found favor with God.  Noah still loved and obeyed God when everyone else wasn't.  Even though he was mocked, he stood steadfast and listened to the Lord.  Do you think you will be able to stand on the truth and not be concerned with the ways of the world?



Day 5

Read Genesis 8-9; Psalm 12

I still get a chill every time I see a rainbow.  To know that it is from God and is a sign of His everlasting promise!  Noah and his family were on the ark for 1 year and 10 days.  The first thing he did when he got off the ark was to build an alter and give thanks to the Lord.  We should always remember to thank the Lord for everything He does without delay.


Day 6

At the close of Chapter 9, we learn that even Noah sinned.  

Nimrod, who we learned in Gen 10:8-10, was a great leader and wanted to form a nation with his people in the land of Shiner.  The problem, the thought they could be bigger than God.   They put their trust in the tower, instead of in God.  This is when God gave set all the different languages of the world into play and scattered the people.  As He always does, the Lord reigns victory over the wicked!


I pray you have an awesome week with your kids!!  Mine couldn't wait to read it each day.  Stay tuned for next week when we continue through Genesis!

Blessings!!



19 comments:

  1. I love this! My daughter is only 8 months old but I still love to read to her and have been thinking of ways to share Christ with her besides her childrens books!
    https://www.facebook.com/BouncingAroundWithBaby
    https://bouncingaroundwithbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! I am so glad I stumbled upon your web page!! I have been searching for awhile for something like this! and it is free... what a huge blessing!!! Thank you so much. The only thing I would change about it is that some of the printable page do not say what bible reading is needed to be read prior to doing the page (example: day 1's page with the days that we are supposed to fill in does not say "Genesis 1-2") not a huge deal as I just went on all of the pages that needed it and wrote what was needed to be read. - just a friendly suggestion as you have it on some pages :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your suggestion Melissa! It is a very good idea, and I will be sure to use it starting next week and try and update these! Thanks for stopping by!

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yay :) I hope it wasn't rude of me to say that?? and will you be posting a new week every sunday? we did day 1 today and were completely blessed :) my 5 year old loved it!

      Delete
  4. No, not rude, helpful! I will be posting the packets Sunday for the week.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for doing this! I appreciate you doing this, more than you know...I'm saving all the stuff you send!

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so welcome!! I pray your families walk with the Lord is an awesome journey!!

      Delete
  6. What a great way to get my kids started on reading the bible! Thanks for sharing your hard work! What ages are your kids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are 6 and 2 and a half months. I pray your family grows deeper with the Lord!

      Blessings!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always used curriculum that started in Genesis and worked through the Bible. This looks excellent!! Thanks so much for sharing. I stopped over from CMB :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this. We are reading through the New Testament this year in our Family devotions and are loving that time together. It's amazing how much kids learn when you allow them the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very interesting. I'm going to have to give this link to my daughter for my grandchildren. Thanks for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's certainly a blessing to know that Noah found favor with God because of his faith in the coming Savior. It gives me comfort to know that even when I fall, God forgives me through Jesus and sees me as his child! Thanks for linking up at After School :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Excellent! I love this so much! Pinning it now :) Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really awesome! Thanks for sharing it for free. So glad to have found your blog on Free Printable Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pinned! Love this post. Featuring at Family Fun Friday. :-)
    Monica
    http://www.happyandblessedhome.com/category/family-fun/

    ReplyDelete