Sunday, January 3, 2016

DIY : Valentine's Day countdown


This cutie helped me make a Valentine's Day Countdown!  Was some great mother/son time!

All you need is some scrap lumber, heart template, and a couple of 2-3 inch round tree cut, dried tree branch pieces.

First, you want to cut the tree branch pieces.  I made ours about 1 inch thick.  You will need 14 of them!

Then, I spray painted half of them pink and half of them purple.  It took a couple of coats.


While I was painting, He traced our template onto a piece of 3/4 inch plywood.


I then cut it out.


I had him use the file and clean up all the edges.


Then we spray painted it red.


The frame stand I made was out of thicker board of pallet wood.  




I used a drill bit then to put holes in the painted wood circles and then placed them around the heart.


The holes were bigger than my nail heads, so I hammered them in while they were placed around the heart.


After that was done, I attached the heart to my stand.


I then painted the numbers on the hearts and the verse on the heart.  Then I sprayed each one of them with some clear coat.







Blessings!!






No comments:

Post a Comment