Tuesday, October 21, 2014

USA study: Massachusetts

Some cool Massachusetts facts:

1.  Basketball (1891) and chocolate chips have their origins in this state.
2.  The Mayflower landed here in 1620.
3.  The 1st Thanksgiving was celebrated here in 1621.




Letting Swfit Rivers Go
by Jane Yolen


Paul Revere's Ride
by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow


Who's that stepping on Plymouth Rock?
by Jean Fritz


Berlioz the Bear
by Jan Brett


M is for Mayflower
by Margot Theis Raven


We wrapped our week up in Massachusetts with the baking of a Boston Cream Pie!!  One of my favorite desserts!

One of the crafts that I was going to do, but didn't get to is a craft on the Mayflower.  THIS is the one I was going to use.

1 comment:

  1. This is a lot of fun. I love history - and the Boston Cream Pie looks YUMMY!

    Now, I want pie!

    Thank so much for sharing on the #homeschoollinkup!

    ReplyDelete